New Standard English Book 4
2. Janet : go back to China,do my master’s (which means going back to university),live in London,become a teacher,work in publishing,apply for a job at London Time Off,update my CV and look for jobs together.
Andy: leave London,go to China,look for jobs together.
3. the true statements are 2 and 8.
5. 1.Joe was a gofer before he became a researcher for Lift Off UK.
2.Andy wants Joe’s job as a producer.
6. 1(d) 2(d) 3(a) 4(c)
7. 1 It’s not always very easy working with
2.How did he end up in London
3.the least experienced person
4.He’s good at his job
5.He’s confident and very competent
6.I get on with him quite well
8. 1(b) 2(b) 3(a) 4(a) 5(b)
2. the true statements Samantha agrees with are:1,2,3 and 4.
4. 1.She needs to improve her interview techniques to help her to get a job
2.She doesn’t know how to answer the questions and give answers that might lead her
failure in a job interview.
3.She doesn’t understand what the interviewer is actually looking for.
4.That you need to be well prepared for an interview. It boils down to
preparation,presentation and understanding what the interviewer is looking for.
5. 1.professional job coach
2.research on the position and the company
3.having not practised with some of the questions
4.how you present yourself
5.what the interviewer is actually looking for
6.preparation,presentation and understanding
7.in relationship to the job
8.some examples in your life
9.dealing with problems
7. the pieces of advice the speakers give are:1,3,5,7,8,9,10 and 11.
大学英语 新标准大学英语 视听说4 答案
3. 1(b) 2(d) 3(a) 4(d) 5(c) Passage 2
7. The US: typical working hours:9-5
Office clothes:for men,jacket and tie or pen neck shirt,sometimes jeans Meal breaks: one hour
Overtime:yes;paid for each 15 minute period after the first hour Holidays:two weeks a year;three weeks after five years Retirement age: men:65; women:62 or 63
Pay day:twice a month; at the beginning and middle of the month
Company benefits: lease a company car; apension plan and a health care plan Brazil: typical working hours：8-5 or 9-6，but people usually work longer Office clothes:casual and informal,but neat and tidy Meal breaks : one hour
Overtime:yes,very often;not paid Holidays : 30 working days
Retirement age :men:65 or after 30-35 years’ work; women : after 60 Pay day: some companies may twice a month; others once a month
Company benefits: It depends:maybe a company car,living accommodation,school for
children,lunch and travel costs,gasoline,health insurance…
大学英语 新标准大学英语 视听说4 答案
2. Joe:1 Andy:2 Janet:3,4
3. 1.It is a feature programme which reviews recently published books
2.None of them have read all of the books
4.It features new books that may have a London angle,but not necessarily.
5.Because Charles Dickens’ books are always on TV
6.She knows quite a lot about Dickens because she is studing his work at university .
7.It’s a biography which describes the London locations which are the settings for many of Dickens’ books.
5. portsmouth ; 19th century ;novels ; around the law courts in the centre of London ; He
describes hardship,poverty and crime in London ; Oliver Twist,David Copperfield
6. 1(a) 2(b) 3(d) 4(c) 5(c)
7. (1) He wasn’t being at all fair
(2)sometimes he really gets on my nerves
(3)keep his problems away from the studio
(4)He was born in Portsmouth
(5)He set most of his stories in
(6)Whereabouts in London are his stories set
(7)some of his stories take place
(9)I’ll get over it
8. 1(b) 2(a) 3(a) 4(b) 5(a)
2. the statements mentioned are:2 and 7
4. 1.borrow books
2.look at an art exhibition
3.connect to the Internet
4.let you borrow computer games
5.with books and photographs
6.in schools and universities
5. 1.It is a national library
2.You can find books and other printed materials
3.The British Library adds millions of items to its collection every year.
4.No,not at all,although some reading may take new forms,(like reading from computer